The EM500 is a miniature stand-alone BASIC-programmable embedded module, designed to be used in combination with a standard LED/magnetics RJ45 jack. The combined footprint of the EM500 and a standard jack is only 28.5×18.5mm.
The module’s hardware mix, which includes 10/100BaseT Ethernet, a serial port, and 8 I/O lines, has been carefully tailored to address the basic needs of lightweight network-enabled control devices.
Compact dimensions, space-saving “vertical slice” mechanical design, low power consumption, and innovative dual-function LED control lines make the module an excellent fit for miniature, cost-sensitive designs.
The EM500 also supports Wi-Fi communications (using the GA1000 add-on board), as well as flash disk (via an SPI flash IC).
The EM500 can be ordered standalone or in combination with an industry-standard RJ45 jack and/or all discrete components required to complete the circuit.
- Based on a second-generation ASIC (T2000).
- 10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port (no magnetics).
- One serial port (CMOS-level):
- Baudrates of up to 460800bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- Full-duplex mode with optional flow control;
- Half-duplex mode with direction control;
- Encoding and decoding of Wiegand and clock/data streams.
- 512KB flash memory for firmware and application.
- 200 bytes of EEPROM space for data storage.
- 8 general-purpose I/O lines (including 2 interrupt lines).
- Control lines for two external dual-function status LEDs.
- Additional control line for a dedicated Ethernet link LED.
- External reset source required.
- Power: 260mA @ 3.3V (100BaseT mode).
- “Vertical slice” construction; dimensions: 18.5×16.0×6.5mm.
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network (including “cold upgrade” firmware uploads through the network).
- Optional Wi-Fi interface (requires GA1000 add-on module).
- Optional Flash disk (requires an external SPI flash IC).
GA1000 Wi-Fi add-on module