The EM203 is a miniature serial-to-Ethernet module. In combination with the RJ203 jack/magnetics, the EM203 occupies only 31x19mm of board space. Alternatively, the EM203 can be used with any suitable magnetics and jack.
The module can be ordered standalone or in combination with the RJ203.
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port (no magnetics):
- EM203: based on the DM9000B controller IC;
- EM203A: based on the DM9000EP controller IC.
- CMOS serial port (TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, and DSR lines).
- Four status LEDs onboard.
- Two control lines for green and red status LEDs.
- Can be used with RJ203 (EM203) and RJ203A (EM203A) modules.
- Power: 220mA @ 5V.
- Dimensions: 30.1×18.1×5.5mm.
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network.
RJ203 Jack/Magnetics module
- Full- and half-duplex serial port modes.
- Server, client, and server/client network (“routing”) modes.
- 8KB data buffers (one in each direction).
- Configuration stored in the EEPROM.
- Detailed status indication via onboard LEDs.
- Setup through the serial port or network (UDP, Telnet).
- Remote control of RTS, CTS, DTR, and DSR lines.
- “On-the-fly” commands for immediate serial port configuration.
- Serial-side “modem” commands for network connections control.
- Direct control of ADSL modems.
- Supports UDP, TCP, ARP, ICMP (ping), DHCP, PPPoE, LCP.