The DS1101 is a compact BASIC-programmable controller targeting serial-over-IP and serial control applications.
The DS1101 features a multi-channel RS232 port. The device has a single DB9M connector and is priced as a single-port product, yet packs 3.5 independent serial channels.
Another feature of the DS1101 is its software-controlled power output on pin 9 of the DB9 connector — you can power an attached serial device directly through the DS1101. Alternatively, the DS1101 itself can be powered through the pin 9. The device power can also be supplied via its power jack or the optional power-over-Ethernet board*.
The DS1101 can be equipped with a 96×32 monochrome OLED display and Wi-Fi interface*.
There are eight LEDs on the device’s front: green and red main status LEDs, a yellow Ethernet link LED, and five blue LEDs, which can be used for Wi-Fi signal strength indication. A buzzer is provided as well.
Each DS1101 is supplied with the DIN rail and wall mounting plates.
The device comes preloaded with a fully functional serial-over-IP application.
- Superior upgrade to the DS1206 device.
- Based on the high-performance T1000 IC.
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port.
- Optional 802.11b/g Wi-Fi interface.
- Optional 96×32 monochrome OLED display.
- Optional power-over-Ethernet.
- 3.5-channel RS232 port on DB9M connector:
- TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD lines;
- Baudrates of up to 921,600bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- Optional RTS/CTS flow control;
- Flexible mapping with 15 different options, such as:
- A single channel: RX, TX, CTS, RTS, DSR, and DTR lines;
- 3.5 channels: RX, TX, RX2, TX2, RX3, TX3, and RX4 lines.
- Programmable “12V” power output on pin 9 of the DB9;
- Pin 9 can also be used for “12V” power input.
- 1024KB flash memory for firmware, application, and data.
- 2KB EEPROM for data storage.
- Eight LEDs:
- Green and red main status LEDs;
- Yellow Ethernet link LED;
- Five blue LEDs (can be used for Wi-Fi signal strength indication).
- Built-in buzzer.
- Software-controlled onboard PLL.
- Power: 12VDC nominal (min. 9V, max. 18V).
- Dimensions: 90x48x25mm.
- Operating temperature range: -5 ~ 70 C.
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network.
- CE- and FCC-certified.
DIN rail mounting plate
Wall mounting plate and two screws
12V/0.5A adaptor: APR-P0011 (US), APR-P0012 (EU), APR-P0013 (UK)
WAS-1499 straight Ethernet cable*
WAS-P0004(B) DB9M-to-DB9F serial cable (device-to-PC)
WAS-P0005(B) DB9F-to-DB9F serial cable (device-to-device)