The DS10x0, DS10x2, and DS10x3 are 4-port BASIC-programmable industrial controllers designed primarily for serial-over-IP and serial control projects. They come preloaded with a fully functional serial-over-IP application (open-source).
DS1000/2/3 offer the Ethernet interface only, while DS1010/2/3 feature Ethernet, as well as optional Wi-Fi and GPRS.
“0″, “2″, and “3″ devices differ in the type of serial ports they offer:
With four conventional RS232 ports, the DS1000 and DS1010 are ideal for relatively low-cost projects.
For applications requiring a mix of port types, there are the DS1002 and DS1012, which sport universal RS232/422/485 ports with programmable selection of each port’s mode.
Finally, especially demanding industrial installations can rely on the DS1003 and DS1013, which add galvanic isolation on top of the universal ports.
Interface side — IB1000, IB1002, or IB1003 board:
- IB1000 board: four RS232 ports (DS10x0);
- IB1002 board: four RS232/422/485 ports (DS10x2);
- IB1003 board: four isolated RS232/422/485 ports (DS10x3);
- 8 status LEDs.
- Based on the EM1000 module (DS1000/2/3) or compatible with it (DS1010/2/3);
- Optional GA1000 Wi-Fi add-on (DS1010/2/3 only);
- Optional Telit GC864 GPRS modem (DS1010/2/3 only);
- 10/100BaseT, auto-MDIX Ethernet port;
- 1024KB flash for firmware, application, and data storage;
- 2KB EEPROM for data storage;
- RTC with backup supercapacitor;
- Built-in buzzer;
- 11 status LEDs;
- Power: 10-18V;
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network;
- Dimensions: 91x104x99mm (excluding secondary cover).
- Extruded-profile aluminum body.
- IP68 compliant (when used with secondary cover).
- Operating temperature -30 to +75 degrees C.
- CE- and FCC-certified.
Wi-Fi antenna (with DS101xG only)
GPRS antenna (with DS101xC and DS101xGC only)
TB1000 terminal block adaptor (with DS10x2/3 only)
DS1000 waterproof kit with secondary cover, cable glands, screws
DMK1000 DIN rail mounting kit
12V/1A adaptor: APR-P0008 (US), APR-P0009 (EU), APR-P0010 (UK)
WAS-1499 straight Ethernet cable (for this device can be used as crossover cable too)
WAS-P0005(B) DB9F-to-DB9F serial cable (device-to-PC)